Thursday 3 April 2008

Opinions needed

I've been thinking more about meeting up to discuss writing...a few questions to pose to everyone.
Cast your votes/opinions!!

1) Meet once a week or every other week?
2) Should we set a particular day to meet, or vary it week to week? What day would work best for you? Time?
3) How do you feel about not only sharing work, but also having a "writing prompt" at each meeting--something we could take turns being in charge of that would allow us to do some new writing for a set period of time (15 min, 30 min) then those who want to share with the group can.

5 comments:

Christopher said...

So... my thoughts :)

a) I think once a week would be best.

b) I think a set day every week would be best, just to establish a routine. As for what day, during the day Monday to Friday I'm pretty flexible.

c) I LOVE the writing prompt idea, I'd definitely be up for that.

Lynne said...

Oooh I love the writing prompt idea. That'd be great to get the old brain working.

As for days, I can do any day pretty much. Evenings are a lot trickier as I tend to teach then.

exciting :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you both like the prompt idea! They can be a lot of fun and great for generating new work :)

So far looks like during the day would be best...

I think you're right Chris, a set day would give us a routine. That way too, we don't have to worry about everyone knowing when the meeting is if it gets changed.

Rob Smedley said...

I too am up for this, but this coming week would be no good for me. During the day works best for me too.
Excellent idea! :)

Sean said...

Have gun will travel.

- Palladin