Friday 8 August 2008

Nathan Bransford FAQ's

Do you represent short story collections?
Do you represent women's fiction and romance?
How do I become a literary agent?
Do you consider self-published books and is there a stigma?
Do you accept queries from writers in other countries?
Is word count important? Is my novel too long/too short?
Can I ask a follow up question if you've passed on my query?
How should I mention a series in a query?
How do I know if I have a good plot?
How long does it take to sell a novel?
What is a hook, and how to I craft a good one?
How do I classify my book in a certain genre?
How often should I follow up with a prospective agent?
Can I re-query an agent or another agent at the same agency?
What do you look for in a query?
What is a "platform"?
Which is more important: character or plot?
What is the difference between YA and adult novels?
How do you decide whether to request a partial?
What are the basic terms of publishing contracts?
Should I follow publishing trends?
Do you edit your clients' work? Are you a hands-on agent?
What does this rejection letter mean?
What is the difference between commercial and literary fiction?
How should I handle an offer of representation?
Why do you live in San Francisco instead of New York?
What is "pacing"?
Do editors really edit anymore?
Do you represent literary estates?
I heard from you in five minutes. Did you really read my query?
Can I turn my blog into a book?
Should I call an agent?
Is my book too controversial?
Should I write in first person or third person?
Should I ask my agent X question?
Should I query about more than one project?
How should I approach agents at a writer's conference?
Do you represent young writers?
Should I worry about spoiling the ending in a synopsis?
Can I write books in more than one genre?
What is a typical day like for an agent?
Why am I having such a difficult time finding an agent?
Should I give up?
Should I begin my query with a rhetorical question?



from http://nathanbransford.blogspot.com/2008/08/faqs.html

No comments: